Building Thie Site (Again)
My previous setup wasn’t very agile. It was fun scrapping some shell scripts together but it wasn’t very agile or flexible.
This new incarnation is generated using Octopress. It’s a pretty simple deployment and not that much different from my previous setup. I didn’t need to change much from my original deployment script. I took a pretty basic theme and ripped most of it out to emulate the old site as much as I could. Currently this falls apart on mobile browsers.
I literally just kick this off with a shell script to a tiny ec2 instance.
1 2 3
I made this change because I did so many projects this summer and the ridiculous old setup prevented me from writing about them.